When the mercury rises, your air conditioner comes to your rescue; helping you avoid major convenience issues. Your air conditioner, just like any other device, requires regular maintenance to perform its task flawlessly. Failure to care for your AC can result in multiple issues. Many people complain that their AC issues popped up one fine day out of nowhere. Before an AC goes kaput, the system gives desperate signs for help. HVAC repair experts in Vinings advise their customers to watch out for these signs, and consult an expert who can come up with a sustainable solution before it is too late. So what are these signs? Let’s find out.
1. Hot air If your AC is circulating hot air or is unable to cool the indoor air adequately, there are good chances that it has developed one or more repair issues. An AC circulates hot air when the system is overworked, and is putting in extra efforts to maintain a comfortable room temperature. Some common reasons that can give rise to this issue include condenser problems, duct leakage, and low refrigerant.
2. Strange Smells It is common for malfunctioning ACs to emit strange smells. While some reasons that give rise to the issue do not pose a threat to human health; others, if not addressed in a timely manner, can result in major health issues. Some common reasons behind an AC emitting foul smells include dirty and damaged/ burnt coils, pest infestation, an overheating motor, and gas leakage.
3. Poor Airflow Poor airflow is one of the most common signs of a failing AC unit. More often than not, poor airflow is the result of a malfunctioning fan. Some common reasons of a failing fan are dirty filter, faulty fan control board, and malfunctioning blower motor.
4. Moisture Accumulation Oftentimes, malfunctioning ACs develop cracks and leaks resulting in moisture accumulation. Before it's too late, and these cracks become a breeding ground for mold, harmful bacteria, and other microorganisms, contact your HVAC repair in Vinings.
5. Bizarre Sounds Your air conditioner is designed to operate silently. You know something is wrong when your AC starts emitting unusual banging, screeching, or grinding noises. Some common repair issues that can give rise to this problem include loose belts, broken components, and dirt and grime accumulation.
These are some signs that an AC needs repair. No matter the type of air conditioner you have, you cannot afford to trust an amateur with repair and maintenance tasks. At Central Heating and Air Conditioning, we know a thing or two about different systems. Once we get your service request, we will act fast to ensure your nightmare is short-lived. To enquire about our services, call at 404-975-2917. Alternatively, to get a quote, fill out our contact form.